Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pondering Pregnancy & Life

Hello friends. It's been a while since I blogged. I've surprised myself with my lack of motivation to do all of my favorite things - like blog! My life has been in a bit of a pregnancy "lull" - if you will. Not a whole lot is going on because I'm just surviving taking care of my little ones and keeping myself healthy enough to keep working. I'm 30 weeks along today - 3/4 of the way through my pregnancy! Wow, in some ways I feel like I've been pregnant forever, and in other ways I feel like I'm flying through it. I went to the doctor yesterday and our little princess has miraculously had a HUGE growth spurt! Last month when I went in she was measuring 5 days small. That's always a bummer when they're small because you hope that doesn't mean they need to incubate that much longer inside the womb. But, good news for me, our little girl has been hording all the cereal I've been eating, and is now measuring 8 days AHEAD of her due date! I'm measuring 31 weeks & 2 days. I'm hoping for a November baby. We'll see what happens! I get to go to the doc again in just 2 weeks. That's when you know things are winding down...Frequent appointments!!! We are still going back and forth on names for baby girl. "Kate" and "Jane" are still in the running. Jesse also suggested "Kenna Jane" the other day. I'm still milling it through my mind. It would be cute with our last name. It's different. I'm still leaning a smidge toward "Kate".... but still undecided.... giving it lots of thought.
I'm sitting here listening to my boys tease each other. If one's not crying, the other one is. My sweet little "baby Ty" is now better known in these parts as "toddler Ty". He's in his terrible two's and shows no sign of coming out of it. He runs the other way when I tell him to come here. He is smart for his little age and argues with me about everything - even down to how I'm driving. He's a terrible back seat driver, sitting there all cute in his car seat. He's always telling me it's a green light - Go! - Or, Go faster Mom! He has a scream that I'm sure wakes the neighbors, and he has to do everything by himself! It's pretty unbelievable. So, even though I've considered inviting Super Nanny Jo, to our home for a visit - Ty still has his sweet moments; like when he says in his little 2 year old voice, "I love my mommy, she's so cute". That always scores a few brownie points. Or when he tells me and Jesse the story of the 3 Little Pigs - and he talks about the big bad wolf huffing and puffing... It doesn't get cuter than that! I hope he doesn't make any mental comparisons between his mother and the big bad wolf. Sometimes I want to huff and puff and blow the whole house down. All in a days work for a full time mother who also has a job and clients to deal with, and is 7 1/2 months pregnant.
As for the older one, Collin started Kindergarten at the beginning of September. He loves it! He has made so many friends and asks every single day if he gets to go to school that day. He had his first (and hopefully last) naughty encounter at school. The other day I picked him up and asked how his day was. He informed me that he had a terrible day because he got a "yellow card" and had to miss 3 minutes of recess. Apparently he was talking and being silly with his friends while his teacher was talking. When we got home from school I made him write a letter to his teacher apologizing for his actions. It was a cute letter. I'm sad that I didn't make a copy of it. Kindergarten handwriting is hilarious. The next day when he gave the teacher his letter he told me she made copies of it and gave it to the other teachers. Obviously she got a kick out of it as well. Hopefully he learned his lesson though and won't be naughty in class again. It's no laughing matter. You always wonder what position your kid will hold in a classroom... class clown, disruptive & obnoxious kid, destructive kid, ladies man, know-it-all, not so sharp kid.... I just hope Collin is not any of the bad ones, and (on a lighter note), I hope for his sake he never has lice in a school screening. That would be completely traumatizing for a kid. I always dreaded lice check day. I never had lice, but ooooh I felt sorry for the few kids that did. I can remember very few things from elementary school, but I remember the names of the kids that had lice. Maybe that's why I'm a hair-stylist. I have a knack for remembering useless hair information and the people that belong to the information. Anyway, I'm rambling.

Collin has also turned into a full blown video game addict. We've had to limit his time on the Wii and Gameboy. We discovered how to download the original NES Super Mario Bros. game onto the Wii. It is Collin's favorite game ever. I was impressed with Jesse's memory on all of the old secrets to the game. I don't mind him playing the video games, but I have to make a conscious effort to make sure there's a time limit on it. It's just so darn entertaining. I remember that from when I was a kid. Collin also started soccer for a second try. The first time around was a little pointless. He didn't enjoy it and neither did we. He sat in the field the whole time or he sat on the sideline constantly needing a "rest". But this time is better already. Must be his age. He loves it! He has a few kids on his team that are in his Kindergarten class. He feels like the most popular kid in town. He is always talking about all of his friends. He takes after is mother. Popularity is a gift. Just kidding. This is an ever-ongoing joke between my best friend Jami and I.

So there you have it. The events of our household are typical and somewhat un-eventful. But I guess that's a good thing. I'm so thankful that we have not been sick for quite some time now. **Knock on wood**. Hopefully things will continue to be mellow around here!

10 comments:

Alicia said...

I am so happy you posted because you've been on my mind. Can't wait for that little girl!

wurstens5 said...

It was so good to see you and THANKS for doing my hair. Heather has your gift at her house, sorry I forgot it. By the way, I really like the name kate, I wanted to pick that name when we were thinking of girl names. Thanks again and good luck.

Heidi Hamilton said...

Kristen - thanks for the update! Glad you're doing well & I will wish the best for you going early. I don't have much hope of that, but I've kind of come to terms with it :)
Sounds like your boys are doing well. 2 years old is so much fun, right?

BerlyCrow said...

I love Kenna, that's so cute!

I'm glad he's loving soccer, if there's one thing we know about it's soccer! We eat, sleep, and breathe soccer at our house, seriously. Kaedyn will be excited to hear he plays soccer. She's been playing since she was three and last year she made it on the Utah team of the Olympic Development Program. Soccer, soccer, soccer!

That's funny that you barely remember anything about elementary school...me too! But isn't it weird to have him going to your same elementary? Well, sort of the same I guess. I remember when Kaedyn went to 3 days of kindergarten there and on the first day, there was me, Roger Woods, Travis Viall, and Danielle Bright all there with our kindergarteners....it was weird! LOL

Lamb Fam said...

Loving this post! I think it's awesome that Collin is addicted to video games. You need to find him the drawing one. You know, the one where we'd draw people getting hit by a bus? That never got old. Or what about 'Street Fighter?' I could use looking at a little RYU.
And I LOVE that Ty is a back-seat driver. You have a little Tol on your hands. Good luck with that.
And I LOVE that you're measuring ahead. That's fabulous news! I'll keep mu fingers crossed.
Love, your popular friend

Jen said...

I've also been thinking about you...I wasn't sure when you were due. I'll hope for a November birthday as well. I LOVE Jesse's name suggestion as much as I love the other two names . . . so fun to have a girl! Glad you're surviving the long 9 months. Just remember, it's ok if you're not super motivated, this is your time to take a break!
Love ya...

J.E. said...

I'm loving the Kenna Jane name. Very unique, otherwise my vote is for Jane. Very classic. It's so great to get an update on you and your fam. I love your little men they are just the cutest. That pic of Collin actually looks like Ty a little bit. Can't wait to see what baby girl looks like!!!

Middle Age Moments said...

So fun to read your blog Ruby! Your boys are so darn adorable! And youre having a girl...awesome. Jami was due Dec 5th and came 2 weeks early. It was the best surprise ever as I hated being pregnant! Love you Kristi Annie!

Scarlett said...

I like Kate and Kenna! Question. Would you call her Kenna Jane or would Jane be the middle name? Just curious!

Brandt & Kriste said...

I'm glad to catch up on your life and pregnancy. I can't believe you are so close and that you are having a girl. Love all the names. Can't go wrong with any of them. Miss ya and love ya