Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Grateful

A list of things that I am truly grateful for today...In no particular order...We don't want any hurt feelings here... :) But each of these things came to my mind at some point today. I've decided that I am in possesion of some of the most amazing blessings ever. How do I ever complain? This is not meant to be a bragging post. We had a great RS dinner last night that encouraged us to focus on gratitude; so today, I did that. I have a lot to be thankful for.
  • My great husband Jesse
  • My adorable baby Ty
  • My sweet Collin
  • My health
  • My family's health
  • My amazing parents
  • My favorite one and only sister Wendy
  • My unique brothers
  • My incredible Grandma June
  • My wonderful in-laws
  • My closest cousins
  • My fun friends (but not my boring friends...lol)
  • My scriptures
  • My simple (yet perfect for us) house
  • My circle (our house is in)
  • My job
  • My job is in my home
  • My husband's job
  • My testimony of the Gospel
  • My being able to play "Where's Ty Ty?"
  • My pantry full of food
  • My warm shower/bath
  • My warm house
  • My vision to see Collin's great artwork
  • My hearing to listen to my kids say "Mom" over and over and over again
  • My awesome Pacifica vehicle with heated seats
  • My health insurance
  • My cell phone
  • My 30 years never having to dial 801
  • My clothing options
  • My DVR & my TV (these two are critical together)
  • My computer with internet access
  • My TV show investigator websites
  • My super soft bed with warm blankets
  • My backyard
  • My new dishwasher
  • My favorite store, D.I.
  • My other favorite store, Wal-Mart
  • My Bare Minerals make-up
  • My Eucerin lotion
  • My ipod and speakers
  • My seatbelt and my kid's carseats
  • My electricity and gas in my home
  • My tulips and daffodils coming up in my yard
  • My kids sleeping through the night
  • My trees are getting spring buds on them
  • My vacuum
  • My one window that does open out of the 5 that don't in my kitchen/living room area
  • My never having been dumped on national television
  • My having money to buy birthday gifts for Collin
  • My caller ID
  • My neighbors rats have not returned...yet
  • My neighbors are really nice people with a really nice dog
  • My 9 fingernails that are not ripped off below the nail bed
  • My snuggle dryer sheets
  • My parents live next door
  • My space on the side of my house measured big enough for a shed, can't wait!

I'm sure I could continue this list all night long...but I'm going to stop for now. I am blessed.

9 comments:

Trace said...

So do I classify as a fun friend or a boring friend?

Alicia said...

Ditto to Leesa'a comment. :)
This is a great list. I love this. For a couple of years my sister and I had a book we would write things in that made us happy. I think it's time to bust that thing out. Thanks for the inspiration. You rock.

Lamb Fam said...

What a great post. I think we all need to take some time to appreciate what we have... even dryer sheets.

Jen said...

Cute post! I'm thankful for my 'fun' friend too.

J.E. said...

This is such a good thing to do- Yes, you have so much to be thankful for. We all do, thanks for the uplifting post today!

BerlyCrow said...

I read about the "Gratitude Journals" or something in the R.S. Newsletter today (yes, I read the R.S. Newsletter! And.....I have a CALLING too....in YOUR ward! LOL) and right when I saw the title of this post I figured that's where you were headed! LOL. Yep, we've all got a lot to be grateful for, especially nowdays!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I am finding all these blogs and I am so glad!! Your family is great!

kristi and family said...

you are so great Kristen... i love ya!!!

Brandt & Kriste said...

I am grateful for Mort!