Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Carlos' Baptism



We are so excited that Carlos (Jesse's friend that he mentors in the Big Brothers program) made the decision to be baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Sunday. Carlos is such a great kid. He has amazing friends that have been awesome examples to him. When his Bishop asked him why he wanted to learn more about the church, he said that it was because he saw a peace and happiness in his friends lives, and he wanted it in his own life. That is so awesome to me! Carlos was born in Ecuador, and then moved to New York for a while, and then to Utah when he was 9 years old. Jesse has been his mentor since he was 10 years old, he's now 16 years old. We have enjoyed getting to know him and his family so much. We consider them part of our family!

Carlos with his friends that inspired him to be baptized along with the missionaries that taught him.

Carlos with his mom Alex and his little brother David

7 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

That is so awesome! Not only that he chose to be baptized, but that he mentors through Big Brothers Big Sisters. How great!

Trace said...

You and Jesse are awesome. Not only because he volunteers or because your examples undoubtedly helped his friend get baptized but because you are in NURSERY! My hat is off to you.

Lamb Fam said...

So cool!

kristi and family said...

kristen... you and jesse are AMAZING and a good example to me...

kristi and family said...

kristen... you and jesse are AMAZING and a good example to me...

Scarlett said...

Kristen, that is so awesome! I didn't even know he was taking the discussions.(did I spell that right?)Anyway, it is amazing the impact you can have on people just by living your life the right way! So kudos to you guys for setting such a great example! Oh, and I will totally get on that tag. It just might take me a couple days!

Unknown said...

That is the neatest story! I'm so glad you shared it with us!
You look so pretty in that picture!
So, Scarlett told me about that song on the Twilight soundtrack. I LOVE it!!! I'm listening to it right now. I love listening to music that reminds me of Edward & Bella! :) I feel dumb that I'm SO obsessed with that series!