Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Praying for Help
So, Collin has been potty trained for well over a year now, but for the past couple of months he has majorly regressed, to say the least! I have tried everything that I can think of to encourage him to go in the toilet (disciplining him, embarrassment -sad I know, encouraging & rewarding him...) So far, nothing. The other day I told him that I was out of ideas on helping him to go potty in the toilet and asked him what I should do that would help him. The answer was so cute. He said, "Pray for me mom. Pray for the little boy who pees in his pants." I couldn't help but laugh a little, but he was dead serious. I started to realize that he recognizes the problem and maybe it's not his fault. So, yesterday I decided to take him to the doctor to check things out. Fortunately, he does not have diabetes or anything. But, UN-fortunately, we just have a "pee-er" on our hands that we are just going to have to be patient with, and hopefully he will conquer it soon. So last night when I put him to bed, in his prayers he said, "Please help me to go pee in the toilet, and please help that I won't go pee in my pants ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again." We truly are relying on Divine Intervention at this point. I'm posting this only to remember this little trial in our lives right now, and to remember that it will pass soon - hopefully!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard right now. where does he come up with this stuff? "pray for the little boy who pees in his pants" ohhhhh, tell him my thoughts and prayers will be with him at this time. No but seriously, it's probably just a phase that will pass... sooner than later.
Krisen, he is a comedian! That made me laugh so hard! I too have definately had my heartache with boys who pee in their pants-(one boy inparticular!!) You have my deepest sympathy. Unfortunately all I can say is hopefully it will get better with age.
So cute! I've said it before, but Collin cracks me up!
Hopefully this is the ticket: divine intervention.
We will definitely pray for him too! At least you know he listening about Prayer, and that it can work right!
How sweet :)
I have similar problems with my little girl. Let me know if you find the magic answer. Maybe we'll start praying, too.
Let me know if the praying works! Owen has this problem with #2...don't know what to do.
Kristen! That is so hilarious! The things he comes up with, I just can't get over! Well, hopefully the problem will resolve itself soon.....
What? I just noticed you have DeAnna & Jesse's website. Too funny. All your blog contacts are gone but you should add it to that like they're just another one of your blogging friends! So funny! I went to the photos on their site, my fav is the one where they're both wearing the brown hoodies!
Oh, sweet Collin! That is the cutest thing ever. Not the pee problem, asking for you to pray for him of course. I love the new backdrop. Looks good! Have a Happy 24th of July!
How adorable -- just when you think you have no patience left, he says something so sincere and cute. Children really do give you perspective and provide so much meaning to life. Keep up the good parenting :)
First of all, I want to add to the Clarks's comment. You guys are such great parents. I think that often. AND cute new background! I love it! Good work, I hope it all went smoothly. Ya know, with the links and all.
that is so hilarious and so CUTE.... and, i love your new BLOG!!!
Love the new template!!!
Such a cute post ... definitely worth remembering in the future! Keep us updated on how the prayers have helped!
Post a Comment