Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Joys of Trees

We have a love-hate relationship with the trees in our yard. We love the shade that they provide, especially because our backyard faces west. But, we also hate the mess and maintenance that they require. We have 5 Locust trees and 5 pine trees on our property! They are tons of work because they are so messy! I got a few pics of Jesse today climbing up the tree to cut down some of the dead limbs. I was totally scared that he was going to fall! He was an impressive little monkey though, and he managed to maneuver around the tree quite nicely! Good job Jess! The trees look much better!

I took these pictures from on top of our deck. He is at least 20 feet up here! In the picture below he was trying to figure out how to get down! Collin was covering his ears and when Jesse asked him why he said, "So I don't hear your loud scream when you fall." So Funny!

The boys came out to help Dad pick up all the sticks!

4 comments:

Amber Burt said...

He does look like a monkey climbing those trees. Collin's comment was so funny!

J.E. said...

LOL Collin, I just love that little guy! Way to go Jess combatting the tree growth! OK totally different subject I know; but did you see the last snippet of the Bachelor 'Where are they now' with Brad on it? What? Did he agree to that? I thought it was hilarious. And he is way hotter than Jesse (Sorry DeAna)

Lamb Fam said...

I love Collin's comment! That kid is a crack-up! Way to be ambitious, Jess!

Unknown said...

Your blog is so cute! I'm glad we finally connected and I have another person to be a blog stalker with! Love it.
Nice moves in the trees jesse.