Sunday, November 21, 2010

Summer Highlights

In August we spent a couple of days with the Clegg family up at Heber Valley campground. We had lots of fun hangin' around the campfire watching Brayden and Trey melt everything in sight, swinging on the massive swing, playing in the giant sandbox, going in the paddle boats, and singing camp songs. And the kids all brought their pillow pets that Grandma Deanne had bought for them!
Ty having fun back at camp
Collin and Cambree playing in the giant sandbox by the lake.
Me and Kate gearing up to go on the paddle boat. About 3 seconds after this picture was taken, Kate had a total melt down over the life jacket. We took it off her and she never went on the lake.
Fun by the campfire. Why am I the only adult supervising all the children?
A fun game of volleyball. Wendy is having the most fun of everyone I think. As always.
The giant swing. This thing is so much fun! This is Collin about to drop down.
Collin, Kate, Trey, and Brayden

Kate endured the boys dressing her up as random super heroes on a couple of occasions.
Jesse turned 33 on August 6th!
Jesse, Rick, Heidi, Avie, and Helen celebrating the big event!
Many summer days were spent at the park.
Climbin' high Ty.
Cool kid Collin.
Smiley baby Kate!
Kate learned to crawl at 9 months at the beginning of August.
Over the 24th of July we spent the weekend with the Buchanan's up at a house in Park City. We had a lot of fun playing games, catching up, and riding Holly and Matt's wave runners at Jordanelle.
Baby chub chub lovin the sand and splashin' in the lake
Collin thinking he's pretty cool on the wave runner.
Kate and Grandma Helen at Jordanelle with the family
Julie and Justin enjoying the scenery
Collin takes on Roller Skating
The ups and downs of it. I can relate. I had many a bad fall on my roller blades. One time at about the age of 12 I was putting on my game face to head down the hill where we lived wearing my roller blades. Across the street was a bunch of boys my age playing basketball. I got going, gave them all a little wave and then, of course, I totally biffed it. They were laughing at me. I didn't even look at them, I just proceeded to pick my bleeding self off of the ground and roller blade the rest of the way to my best friend Jami's house, where she pulled out all her band aids to comfort my cuts and scrapes. She probably helped me the most that day by laughing about it. In fact, I think we had a hard time NOT laughing about it from that day forward. Anyway, that's my roller skating story. I also have an ice skating story and a scar on my chin to remember it by. But that's for another post. Fortunately Collin doesn't care about falling. And in my day you didn't have all the safety equipment that kids wear now a days. Our parents didn't care about us that much. Ha Ha.
The best investment of the summer was the commercial grade, too big for my tiny backyard, swing set that I bought off of KSL (that's another story) and the $15 kiddie pool to go at the bottom of the slide. The kids got hours and hours of entertainment out of this!

Family Trip to Yellowstone
We stopped at Bear World in Idaho on our way up. Honestly, I think it was the highlight of the trip! Although we had a great time, it was a ton of driving for our little kids. We could have EASILY driven to California and back. We were in the car A LOT. But the kids did have a lot of fun. We learned a couple more verses of "Follow the Prophet", until I couldn't take it anymore. They built huts out of the hide-a-bed in the condo, and we saw lots and lots of buffalo; which the kids thought was awesome!
The geysers are always fascinating. But as a mother of little ones, I also got a bit paranoid that they were going to fall in because they're such busy little rascals.
We had a condo in Island Park near West Yellowstone. We were there for the 4th of July and they put on an amazing firework display. It was longer than any other firework show I have ever seen! My kids actually got bored after about an hour so we left just as they were doing the grand finale! Below is a picture of us in the back of the car watching the fireworks. Yes, it was cold! We were in the mountains and we were surprised at how cold it was for July!
On June 12th my parents celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary! Congratulations Mom and Dad! We had a party for them. My brother Brad made a cool video for them and we also had this awesome cake made for them that had all of the members of our family's name on it!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You're hilarious! Funny story about rollerblading. I can totally relate. Trying to act cool, and all. :) I don't even remember celebrating Jesse's birthday! And he looks like he is in his underwear on the fireplace!

Lamb Fam said...

What a FAB summer! I LOVED seeing pics of all you guys and I especially loved hearing the rollerblading story AGAIN! Those were some good times! And Jess is only 32? I'm 32 (as of today) and I swear he's more than a few months older than me. Happy Birthday, Jess!

Scarlett said...

Yay for updates! I love the pics. It looks like you guys had such a good summer. Can't wait for Heber Camp next year! It was a blast!

Alicia said...

You look so cute in all these pictures. I kind of hate you a little bit. :)