Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Umbilical Whah...?


That's right. Umbilical Hernia. Kate has one. In the beginning we believed she was blessed with a large "outie" belly button, but it slowly kept getting bigger and bigger. This is what it is today. I had some stress over it for some time. I finally took her to the doctor to have it checked out because I was sure hers was not normal. It makes gurgling and popping noises. Strange. But my doctor assurred me after examining her that it was perfectly fine. He says it will go away within a year or so. Maybe this is a weird thing to put on the blog, but I wanted to remember it. So it's more for me than for you. And as for Kate...Sorry Kate, it's not a secret anymore!

3 comments:

wurstens5 said...

That's crazy I have never seen that before. At least she is still so DANG CUTE!!

Audra said...

Anna had that too when she was born, it was all sorts of weird! She is 10 months now and it just looks like an outtie and it still has more healing to do! The whole popping thing was always a little weird for me too!!!

J.E. said...

I've never heard of that. I can't imagine it making it's own noises. The important thing is that it's perfectly fine, nothing to worry about. Kate looks a little more like Collin in this pic. I can't wait to see her again.