Tuesday, February 2, 2010

For Shar


For my BEST Friend's MOM, My 2nd mom, My Good Friend...Shar.


This is for Shar who nicknamed me "Kristianni" years ago and is still the only one to call me that. I love it.


For Shar, who allowed us to prank call and go toilet-papering at all of our sleep-overs at her house as kids.


For Shar, who gave me free Piano lessons my entire life growing up, in exchange for me unloading and loading her dishwasher after my lessons. I love you!


For Shar, who is the most loving and accepting person I know. The only mom of any of my friends who always met, got to know, and loved every weird person that ever stepped foot into her home...And she taught her children to do the same.


For Shar, who makes the best darn Pecan Rolls you will ever eat!


This is for Shar, for giving birth to your firstborn child, my very best friend, Jami...

Then 25 years later, for sneaking into the hospital after visiting hours, with your arms full of gifts, to visit me and my firstborn child... To hold him and snuggle him and to share in the joy with me.


For Shar, I ask that each of you say a little prayer for her. Whether you know her personally or if you're just getting to know her through this post; She needs your prayers. Shar is dealing with some really tough health issues right now (see Jami's blog for details). She is one of the most wonderful people I know. Shar would do anything for anyone. I know this because she has done so much for me in my life and for so many others.


I love you Shar! I hope that you get feeling better soon. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Chelsea Nelson said...

This is the sweetest post! I just read it to my mom, dad, and Curt and we are all in tears! Thank you.

Lamb Fam said...

WOW! I also have tears streaming down my face.
How did I get so lucky to have the VERY BEST FRIEND in the world?! really.
Love you. Thank you.

Karey L F said...

What a tribute to Shar. She sounds like an amazing person. I will keep her and her family in my prayers. Watching your mom suffer is the WOREST!!!

Middle Age Moments said...

Oh sweetest Krisitanni! How I love you, and always have, from the 2nd I saw you, and when you threw up all over Beth in church. You are way too kind and I feel undeserving of such accolades. (Don't even know how to spell that word) I love you. THank you for taking such great care of my angel daughter now and always!

Scarlett said...

What a sweet tribute. She seems like an amazing person.

Love the pics you have posted. The whole middle child syndrome cracks me up. Ty is so freakin adorable, as is all your kids.