Okay, so I have never been a fan of any kind of "Licensed Character" item. I always swore that my kid would never be the kid wearing the "Spongebob" shirt or the "Spiderman" light up shoes. Now that I'm a mother of two boys, I am faced head on with this dilemma. I still do not approve of it, and yet, I've gotten to the point that I just don't care anymore. Last year Jesse's sister bought Collin some "Spiderman" sheets for his bed. Collin was in Heaven! He was in love with his new sheets. I couldn't help but just be excited for him. I try to remember back to my days of loving "My Little Pony" or "Cabbage Patch Kids". I know for a fact that I had a couple of "Licensed" shirts that I loved wearing.
So, basically what I'm getting at here is, If you see my kid wearing a "Licensed" shirt or pajamas, this post is my:
"OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER" -
I KNOW, I DON'T APPROVE OF IT EITHER, and I know we look like we shop at Wal-mart and K-mart, and just so you know, WE DO.
So Anyway, I hope you all have a great New Year.
10 comments:
You know what? Who cares! I almost bought Finn a mini wiggles uniform, and I always said that same thing! It's more important that they are happy and having fun!
Plus, I've always said the kid that doesn't get to wear them now, is that adult that you see wearing them when they are 25.
How FUNNY!!! I said the SAME thing... but have you ever seen my son? It's funny the things you do to make, or see your kids happy... it's a good thing we love them and not care what other people think! You are a great mom!
kristen.. you are seriously so hilarious... i love it...
Your "character philosophy" made me laugh out loud. I love this because I'm sure I'll do the same thing.
The only way to avoid this is not to let your kids watch any tv, disney film, or have any friends that do the same. That's what I've decided. Cute picture of your boys!
I couldn't agree more, with all of it. And for the record, Addi is currently napping on Dora sheets.
So funny! I also said the same thing, but when Kassi sees anything princess, she wants it. What do ya do?
I think pajamas are okay. I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way.
AMEN! I felt terrible tricking Gigi out of the light up Dora the explorer sneakers that she wanted so bad, but I just couldn't do it. You're a good mom :) and your boys couldn't be cuter, no matter what they're wearing!
I hear you on that one! I hate buying my kids the "dorky" clothes, and I swore I never would, but how do you say no to those cute little puppy eye's staring up at you saying PLEASE mom. I still will NOT buy the light up shoes.
Post a Comment