Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dirt + Water = Mud, Right?

A mother/son early morning conversation.

Collin: Mom, what does dirt, water, and mud make?
Me: Well, dirt and water make mud. So, if you add mud to the dirt and water that you just made mud out of you get a lot more mud. (Me thinking to myself - "What am I saying? Did that even make sense? Oh well, he's 4.")
Collin: No, No - Mom - I mean, what does water and mud make?
Me: Runny Mud. (Thinking I'm funny.)
Collin: No Mom! (frustrated) You don't even get it. I want to know what mud makes.
Me: It makes a big mess, Collin.
Collin: GRRRRR! Mom, never mind, you don't even know. You need to go to school.


8 comments:

Lamb Fam said...

Me and you both.

BerlyCrow said...

So.....what answer was he looking for?

Chris and Heather said...

Dillon asked questions like that too... I love the little minds!

wurstens5 said...

That is too funny. Good thing you write these things down

J.E. said...

What? I apparently don't know the answer either. That Collin is the funniest, you can probably bet he'll be experimenting in the mud this summer to find out the answer.

Jen said...

OMG . . . I love your funny conversations with your boy! I'm seriously laughing . . .

Scarlett said...

Oh that little guy is so freakin funny! I serioulsy can't stop laughing. I can totally picture him saying that, too!

Amber Burt said...

That's funny, I thought I commented on this, and apparantly I have forgotten how to comment (it has been that long).
I asked my boys what dirt, water, and mud make. Easton said mud, and Camden said he didn't know. I guess they will have to go to the Pre-K class to find out!