Thursday, August 14, 2008

"A Loving Mom Lets Kids Eat Cookies"


As I sit here trying to enjoy reading all of your lovely blogs, my 4 year old Collin is whining on the couch that he wants cookies at 9:00 in the morning. I told him "NO" and he keeps begging and whining saying that "A loving mom lets kids eat cookies because, um, you um - give kids things what they want to, and so and you love me, so how come you're not being nice? And you love me, so - you're just not in a very good mood right now." I know, you've all heard similar nonsense whining, and it's totally annoying. But it's hilarious none the less. Hilarious that he has concluded that I'm not in a good mood right now, because actually, I'm in a great mood. Although, technically he hasn't concluded anything because he's still crying and saying "I want a cookie!" Sorry bud, no cookies at 9:00 in the morning. What do you think ladies, would you cave in? Fortunately, "Caillou" is serving as a great distraction right now. Hail to the TV! I sometimes feel like a lazy mom. I should probably turn off the TV and play a game with Collin instead of posting another blog. But I just feel like I need to blog so that I can have a little alone time (sort of) for just a few minutes this morning. Another beg - "Mom, can I please have a cookie, please, please?!!! - MOM I WANT A COOKIE!" Oh my heck! It just got funnier! He just pulled out the old knock knock joke to get his cookies!
Collin - "Knock Knock?"
me - silent, busy blogging
Collin - "Mo ---om, I said, KNOCK KNOCK!"
me - finally - "Who's there?"
Collin "Me!"
me - "Me who?"
Collin - "Me want a cookie now!"
Serenity now folks, serenity now.

8 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

I love it. Honestly. And I am so impressed that you immediately find humor in the situation. I need to do better at that. It is amazing the "logic" of kids that age: You don't give me what I want = You don't love me. Maybe one day (sigh - probably not until they grow up and have kids of their own), they will appreciate our boundaries.

Lamb Fam said...

He deserves that cookie!.. just for the fact that he pulled out a knock-knock joke. Collin kills me!

Amber Burt said...

What a good mom you are, that you didn't cave in! I just hand them the cookie and tell them to leave me alone I'm busy! Just kidding! This morning Easton came in while I was in the shower and told me that someone (Camden) had given him a butter mint and he was just enjoying it. It was 9:30, what do you do?

Betsy said...

I love it. Just think...you're teaching him patience and healthy eating habits...great mom!!

Jen said...

I really thought the story would end with you giving in . . . not because that's what I expect you to do, but that's fully what I'd expect me to do! Hilarious!

Trace said...

Way to be strong Kris. I hope YOU had a cookie after all of that.

Scarlett said...

Oh my gosh! I seriously can't stop laughing right now! When I am reading what Collin is saying, I can totally hear him and picture him. That child cracks me up! Way to hold to your guns! I want to think I wouldn't cave in, but I just don't know. Ok, lets say if I was working I would, if I wasn't I would hold strong! At least that's what I hope I'd do.......

Jaci said...

Eating cookies as we speek at 10pm and loving it