Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Got Tagged - High School

1. Did you date someone from your school? My Sophomore year I dated Nick Laris. After that I shunned same-school dating and never dated anyone else that went to my school.

2. What kind of car did you drive? I drove a very old silver chevy malibu, that fondly became known as the "silver bullet" (It was my Grandma and Grandpa Clegg's old car). For some reason it was a little lop-sided. The passenger side was a little higher. It had some seriously comfy maroon seats in it. It also permanently smelled like my grandparents, which actually had a good smell that brought happy memories to me. It only had a.m. radio which always had static - but luckily it had "Country 104.3 KSOP" - That's how I officially became a country fan! Jami just reminded me just now how I also put a battery powered ghetto blaster in between the passenger and driver. We would blast the song "Independent Love Song" from the movie "Bed of Roses". Good memories.

3. What was the most embarrassing moment of high school? While trying out for Varsity Cheerleader, we had to perform our tryout dance in front of the entire student body. Somehow, someway, me and Krystal finished the dance about 30 seconds sooner than the rest of the cheerleaders. The dance ended by laying on the ground with one of your legs cocked out weird to the side. I just remember laying on the ground and looking over being grateful that Krystal was lying on the ground beside me as the rest of the girls finished dancing for what seemed like forever. We were laughing so hard we were crying the entire time!

4. Were you a party animal? Uh, I think we had a good time, but not with drugs or alcohol!

5. Were you considered a flirt? No! I had fun with my guy friends, but never crossed that line. I was very careful to steer clear of any man that was taken or had recently been taken by any of my friends. Besides, I think I pretty much always had a boyfriend. I never even came close to cheating!

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? No, but I always wished I had been in choir. I love to sing, even though I'm not any good at it! I always secretly wanted to try out for a high school musical.

7. Were you a nerd? No Way! (This is an ongoing joke between our friends, about being popular. I'll touch more on this further down in the survey.)

8. Were you on any varsity teams? I was a varsity cheerleader.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No. I was very well behaved.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? Are you kidding?! I can still do all the actions with it as well! Fight, Fight, Fight for black, blue, and white...!

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Jill Clifford, my senior English teacher and cheer coach.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? At the same table every day and once we finished eating, we moved to the stairs to chat.

13. What was your school's full name? West Jordan High School

14. School mascot? Jaguars, Jags, Jamal - love it.

15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? Sophomore Year - Nick Laris, Junior & Senior Years - Casey Nelson

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No. There are definitely lots of things I would do different now, but I learned a lot of life lessons. I had an amazing high school experience overall.

17. What do you remember most about graduation? Back to the popular conversation. We were given a white sash to wear over our grad gown, and all of our friends decided to tie it around our neck as a scarf instead. We called it the "popularity sash". We thought we were so funny.

18. Where did you go senior skip day? What was senior skip day? Toward the end of my senior year, there was a lot of skipping going on. I didn't even realize there was an official day.

19. Were you in any clubs? FFA, what is that you ask? It's true, I was in the Future Farmers of America.

20. Have you gained some weight since then? Is that supposed to be a loaded question to invoke some personal sorrow on my part? Yes, I have gained about 25 lbs! I can fit into my cheer outfit, I just can't zip it up!

21. Who was your prom date? Junior - Casey Nelson, Senior - Ryan Staker.

22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Uh, I planned the 10 year reunion! I went, and it was good to see a few old friends.

23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? I would have taken school more seriously. My studies were never my focal point. It was all about the social aspect!

Hope you all enjoyed my High School experience! I tag 5 people: Jami, Jamie, Amber, Kriste, and Scarlett!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Uh, you wanted to be in a high school musical? Awesome . . . were you too 'popular' to admit that to your 'popular' friends??

Pearson Family said...

too funny! i am jealous that you can actually get your uniform on...even if it isn't zipped.

Trace said...

I'll bet Jesse would love it if you would wear your cheerleader uniform and sing the fight song for him.

Scarlett said...

You are hilarious! That was so fun to read! High School memories! Some things I really don't want to remember.....But I see that you tagged me, so I will totally be all over that!

BerlyCrow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BerlyCrow said...

Wow, I could almost swear we went to different high schools! LOL I don't think I've ever even heard the fight song, let alone remember it now! I never ate lunch in the cafeteria, not even once, but sitting at the same table with the same people everyday really does sound like fun. And, the thing I remember most about graduation was standing in some line forever, waiting to walk in, and not knowing a single soul there (I graduated way early, but went back in June to walk at graduation with everyone else). And, I never could get anyone to sign my yearbook so it remains blank.

It's weird how we can grow up together in the same place for a decade or so and have totally different experiences, don't you think?

BerlyCrow said...

I just realized my last comment seems kind of self-pitying, but I totally didn't mean it that way, I swear! LOL

Amelia said...

I still remember laughing hysterically at a shared bonding experience at Anna Chadwick's house (some sort of SBO thing) about a similar childhood parasite. Ahhh those were the days!