Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Few Things to LOVE about JESSE!

Today is Jesse's Birthday so I felt it would be appropriate to do a little "Spotlight" on him! So sit back and enjoy learning a little bit about my husband, Jesse.

  • Jesse is an avid soccer player. He plays at least once a week, and at some times during the year he plays several times a week. I think this is great because he gets some good exercise while enjoying himself!

  • Jesse drinks on average three 44 ounce Dr. Peppers per day. (Which you would think this would make playing soccer more difficult...?) I used to hassle him about this bad habit of his, but we came to a truce one day that he wouldn't hassle me about my sweets if I didn't hassle him about his DP. Done. (But he still will probably die from some type of liver disease. He is aware of this and has apparently come to peace with it.)

  • Next...Jesse is an awesome role model and friend to youngsters - particularly teenagers. He is a "Big Brother" in the Big Brother Big Sister Program. Jesse has been mentoring Carlos since Carlos was 11 years old. Carlos is now 16 years old and he and Jesse still hang out about once a week. Amazing. We are Carlos' "Godparents" and we are honored that his mom chose us to take that role in his life. We love Carlos and we consider him to be a part of our family. Jesse is also a Sunday School teacher at church to the 14-15 year olds. They all love him! We frequently get door-bell ditched and random pranks played on us - But we think it's funny because quite frankly, if we were out there with them, we'd be doing it too. All of the girls in his Sunday School class think he's "Hot", and I'd have to agree with that!

  • Jesse LOVES our two boys more than anything! He is such a great dad. He is such a nurturing male. I think he is more nurturing than I am. When the kids fall or are sick, he has so much sympathy for them. (Not that I don't, but for being a man, I think he has an extra sensitive gene instilled in him.) Jesse is always willing to change a diaper, wipe a yucky nose, clean up after a mess the kids made - whatever, he's always there to help out with the kids. He truly enjoys spending time with them. In fact, when I asked him what he wanted to do for his b-day, he said he wanted to go to a movie with Collin. I thought that was so cute.

  • Jesse makes the yummiest nachos religiously every Sunday after church, and washes them down with a coke. Speaking of coke, Jesse is the biggest fan of the 5 for $12 deals on coke. He scans the paper weekly for grocery deals.
  • .
  • Jesse won't sleep under the covers by me in bed. He hates the sheets and claims that they make him claustrophobic. He sleeps on top of the covers with his own blanket. Whatever.

  • He enjoys mowing the lawn. He won't admit it, but one time, I mowed the lawn and he re-mowed it to his liking. - Uh-huh, a little OCD, don't ya think?

  • Jesse is a wonderful HUSBAND! I won't go into a ton of detail here, but I will say that Jesse has always given me Respect, in every sense of the word. He is true to golden rule, "Treat others as you would want to be treated" - Which, that is a great thing in a marriage. I love you Jess!

  • Jesse is very budget conscious, but is somehow not capable of keeping up with the bills and checkbook. I have tried several times to hand the financial responsibility over to him (when he feels we could do better at saving money) and he never is able to do it. It's become a bit of a joke between us. Quite honestly, it's a good thing that it stays in my hands, right ladies?

I feel like I could go on and on about Jesse. He is such a good person. I am so grateful to not only know him, but to be married to him!

Happy Birthday Jess!

6 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Chris and Jesse share the same birthday...how sweet! Tell the man we said Happy Birthday.

J.E. said...

Happy Birthday Jesse! I've liked Jesse from the minute we met, you got a good one Kristen!

Lamb Fam said...

Happy Birthday, Jess! Hope you had a good one!

kristi and family said...

kristen you are so cute... happy birthday to you jesse...

Unknown said...

Hey, you forgot to mention the part about fighting crime along the parkway! My hats off to Jesse and keeping my community safe!

Anonymous said...

Hey kristen tell Jesse HAPPY B~DAY from Bryce and Brandy!! We need to hang out : ) Oh and if it makes you feel any better, I am so the same way with sheets. Eeeew they just drive me nuts and I too feel all clastrophobic. So I wouldn't be offended, I love Bryce and Jesse loves you, it just feels so tight and stuck with the sheets holding us down : )