
I just have to say that I am so happy that I had the opportunity to go to women's conference this year. I recommend it to everyone. It was such an amazing experience to be in the same room as the new prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. He is such a sweet and funny man. He brought a wonderful spirit with him that I can honestly say, struck me to the core. I know that he is the new Prophet. When he entered the room I got the chills. Everyone stood and went silent. After a moment of silence, 20,000 women began singing "We thank thee O God for a Prophet" spontaneously - talk about powerful. I couldn't even sing I was so overwhelmed by the spirit. He, of course, had a lot of good things to say today. The thing that struck me the most was that he reminded us that life is short, and we should embrace every day. He told us to think of everyday as a special occasion; telling us all to wear our new clothes as soon as possible, love our children as if it were our last chance, call the people we've been meaning to call, and last of all, forget about all the things that just don't matter. I have turned a new leaf by going to this conference. I learned a lot about myself and the way I've been perceiving things lately - and I got a few ideas on how to make my life a little happier and a little better, simply by changing my attitude. I hope that I can keep this feeling that I have right now with me for a while - because it just feels good.
3 comments:
I kove that feeling! It's so nice to get spiritually refreshed. That sounds like it would have been really neat I'm glad you had the opportunity to go-
By the way thanks for taking the block off my access to make comments on your acct. Ha Ha. I was scared for a minute that it was your subtle way of telling me to get lost. So funny.
kristen... you make me want to go these conferences, it sounds AWESOME... sadly, i thought about going but i didn't want to spend my $$$money$$$ on that right now... i know, seriously, i am going to hell...
Kristen you are a good girl. I have been wanting to check out womens conf. It sounds like so much fun. Maybe next year we can get the girls together and go.
p.s. I am dying at Ty's picture. He is so darling!Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment