
Today was a wonderful day. I went with Wendy to the BYU Women's Conference. It was so awesome, and so inspiring. We were running a little late this morning getting there, but as we were driving along University Parkway we were about to pass the KRISPY KREME doughnut store, and we had to quickly vere right. We couldn't pass up a hot doughnut (OR 4). We made it to the conference just in time to hear Sheri Dew speak. She gave such a great message on overcoming the message the world gives us about being POWERFUL WOMEN. She reminded us that we DON'T need to be SKINNY, RICH, a CEO of a company, OR a CELEBRITY to be powerful in this life. We each are powerful examples to EVERYONE around us EVERYDAY! She challenged us to post on our blog, or wherever we could reach people, to state that message. Women need to be powerful in the HOME and in the COMMUNITY establishing values and putting NO VALUE on vain images and material things of this world. I absolutely LOVE this message. There is not a single woman I know (including myself) that doesn't feel self concious or weak in one way or another. Satan wants us to believe we are worthless, but he is wrong. He attacks us (our self esteem and worth) because he knows we are the most powerful tool on this earth. WE WOMEN are the ones that can turn around a family, a community, a country, a WORLD!!! Very inspiring. I just had to put in my little comment on the matter. I am going to try harder to focus on the good and power that I posess, and put it to good use. I'm looking forward to another uplifting day tomorrow at women's conference. President Monson is speaking at the close of the conference tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to his message. May you all feel uplifted and happier after reading this (because it's pretty much just all my best girlfriends that read this, and I love you all and think you all have great power and potential)!!
3 comments:
kristen... thanks for your blog today... i loved it... thanks for the reminder of what really is IMPORTANT.... love ya
I loved your blog message... Thankyou Sheri L. Dew, "No Doubt About It."
Thanks for posting this, I think we all need a reminder sometimes!
Post a Comment