Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Wonder of Santa

Every year we are lucky enough to have Santa come to the Clegg Family Christmas Party. This isn't just one of Santa's helpers either. You can ask any of the kids and they will tell you... this is the REAL Santa. I, myself, as a child used to look forward to this party every year, because there is truly something magical and wonderful about Santa Claus. Just look at all their faces.Forgive me for a moment as I share with you one of my all time favorite Christmas songs. It is a favorite of not only mine, but all of my siblings as well. Dont' laugh. It's by the Oak Ridge Boys, and it's called "Thank God For Kids"."If it weren't for kids have you ever thought
there wouldn't be no Santa Claus?
Or look what the stork just brought, Thank God for Kids.
And we'd all live in a quiet house, without Big Bird or Mickey Mouse
Or Kool-aid on the couch, Thank God for Kids."
" Thank God for Kids there's magic for a while. A special kind of sunshine in a smile.
Did you ever stop to think, I wonder why...
The nearest thing to heaven is a child?"" Daddy, how does this thing fly?
And a hundred other where's and why's...
I really don't know but I try, Thank God for Kids."
"When you look down in those trusting eyes
That look to you, You realize,
There's love that you can't buy, Thank God for Kids.
When you get down on your knees tonight
to thank God for his guiding light,
and pray they turn out right...
Thank God for Kids.
Thank God for Kids there's magic for a while...
A special kind of sunshine in a smile.
Did you ever stop to think, I wonder why...
The nearest thing to heaven is a child?"
These pictures just reminded me of that song.
The Wonder of Santa, the Wonder of a child...
The Wonder of Christmas.






6 comments:

Lamb Fam said...

You are one bloggin fool tonight!
K- so I love that song!... and I needed to read those lyrics to be reminded of the magic of childhood because, right now, I'm ready to give Tol away. SERIOUS! But, I can now take a deep breath and remember that he is 5 and take time to nurture the magic and wonder in his childish 5 year old self.

Heidi Hamilton said...

what a great song! And - great pics. Your little girl is so precious.

Karey L F said...

I can tell by the pictures that it truely is the "real" Santa. What a fun tradition!

J.E. said...

I love this annual party. And I totally remember the feeling of it. He IS the real Santa, It's the only Santa I ever believed in... I love that we get to experience it all over again with our little ones. All 3 of your kids were adorable on his knee.

Scarlett said...

Love these pics! They are adorable!

Adria said...

Why have I never heard that song. I love the lyrics. Baby Kate is so beautiful. I will remember to thank God for my kids. I love and miss you lots.