Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Alright, Which one of you is it?!

I'm speaking to the hundreds of toys in our home.
We have just encountered our 3rd round of PINK EYE in 6 weeks! Unbelievable! We have never had pink eye up until May of this year. On Monday I went to the pediatrician and asked "Why? - What is happening here?" My first instinct was to blame Nursery. (I'm not counting that out all together, because it is a bit of a coincidence that 2 of the 3 times Ty has gotten pink eye it has been just 2 days after attending Nursery at church. But, nobody else in my ward seems to be getting it.) So, my pediatrician says "It's very likely that Ty keeps RE-Contaminating HIMSELF." (GASP!) What? Is is possible that my house is not as *spic and span* clean as I think it is (hunching ashamed)? Apparently so.
So my question to all of my hundreds of toys is:
WHICH ONE/ONES OF YOU ARE CONTAMINATED?!!

Since nobody is speaking up, we had to do the most thorough cleaning job on toys this house has EVER seen! Not to mention the fact that I have already wiped down and sprayed every surface of our home with antibacterial wipes and spray. The only things left unclean are the toys - and they are about to GET IT!

I found that this was actually a very rewarding task. Not only did it feel great to know that these disgusting toys were getting the cleaning of a lifetime, but my kids LOVED giving their toys a bath! The biggest pain was separating all of the electronic toys from the things that could be chucked in the tub of soap. Once dried, the toys were organized and put away. Beautiful. Although my question of which ones were contaminated will never be answered. Hopefully my efforts will not be in vain. I'm hoping that we will be done with PINK EYE permanently!

9 comments:

Chris and Heather said...

I am so sorry! I bet that feels so good to KNOW that you have a spotless house.... would you like to come to mine now?

Lindell said...

YUCK! we had pinkeye in April . . . I hope its not us giving it to you :) I doubt it.

wurstens5 said...

I love the toys in the bath. Not a bad idea. Kyle has that right now. We have been on medicine for 3 days. Hey we are coming out this friday and staying until the 29th. We should get together

Trace said...

Evil toys!

J.E. said...

Damn those toys. . .

J.E. said...

I love this post, for some reason it is the epitome of a mother's day to day life dealing with all that goes with having these sweet babies that grow into little people.

Good luck with the pink eye ordeal.

Scarlett said...

Gosh, I just have to cry cause I feel so bad for little fam, but I have to chuckle a little bit at the pics. I hope for your sanity, that you and your fam will all be well soon! Good luck!

Brandt & Kriste said...

Kristen you are a crack up. CONGRATS on the girly news. I am so excited for you. I miss you. We need to re-unite.

Brandy said...

Oh fun fun stuff. The things we deal with as moms :) Riley actually had it about a week or so ago - annoying. We should get together sometime soon and let the boys play, yes/no?